“Choose your words wisely, put your brain in gear, before you put your mouth in action.” Maybe this year I might heed those wise words! And as someone else once said “Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out!”
I suppose today is the day where we sit ourselves down and make a list of our New Year Resolutions, or is that tomorrow? On the other hand, considering how early I wake up, tomorrow could be a little late for this task, I may have broken some of them before the task has even begun.
So, here is the start of my list, and I can assure you that by the end of the day it will have tripled in length!
- Think before I speak. I’ve had this one before so I already know I’m not very good at it, which is probably why I’ve broken it so often.
- Be a little kinder when talking about others, which, when you think about it, ties in very nicely with the first. I’m not often unkind, but very occasionally, unfortunate thoughts pop out of my head.
For instance, a few months ago, in a rare green-eyed monster insecure moment, (!!!) I described someone as mutton dressed as lamb with gel pads shoved into her extra padded bra! That was most unkind… but true!
On another occasion, whilst watching a women’s march on TV, I remarked how extraordinary it was that the majority of the women taking part appeared to be the ugly ones! An observational comment!
- Empty the suitcase that I packed three years ago when I moved from one side of the house to the other.
- Remove the clothes from my wardrobe that I haven’t worn during the last three years.
- Replace the comfy old PJs with something more glamorous, keep the bed socks.
- Finally, order a skip, fill it and have it delivered to the charity shop.
© Sue W-nansfarm.net 2017 Linked to the word-prompt Finally